Tuesday, December 21, 2010 | Posted by: Fiona Cullinan
Categories: Business, Personal, Protecting your wealth | Tags: links, HNWI, wealth, Bespoke, blog, wealth management, best, 2010, wealth protection, HNW
In case you missed them first time around, here are our top 10 posts of the year, reflecting the interests and concerns of the HNW community.
1. EFRBS appears on the tax authorities’ radar
An outline of Employer-Financed Retirement Benefit Schemes (EFRBS) and why their tax efficiencies have catapulted them into HMRC’s ‘spotlight’. UPDATE: read our recent post Last chance for EFRBS?. We’ll also be posting an update in the New Year about recent announcements.
2. 10 strategies for tax planning in 2009
Tax planning solutions for 10 different scenarios.
3. Time to act on discretionary trusts
A little-known change to income tax will have major repercussions for beneficiaries of some trusts.
4. Tax truths behind the Dragons’ Den domicile row
The context behind the reported rift between the Dragons’ Den entrepreneurs James Caan and Duncan Bannatyne over Caan’s domicile status for UK tax purposes.
5. Eight ways to reduce your CGT bill
What CGT planning strategies are available to enable individuals to protect and maximise personal and family wealth?
6. Protecting your wealth
A round-up of all the stories on the Bespoke blog that help you protect and manage your wealth.
7. A day in the life of a millionaire: Jonathan Hick
One of Channel 4’s Secret Millionaires tells us what his average day is like – including getting up at 2-3am to text across time zones.
8. Locations of offshore tax jurisdictions (infographic)
More than 60 offshore financial centres around the world are mapped in Grant Thornton’s infographic showing the scale and global spread of offshore tax jurisdictions.
9. Marriage and tax - are you using the benefits?
What tax breaks do you currently get when you’re married, and how best can you utilise them?
10. UK residency status all at sea as HMRC targets tax exiles
What can non-residents who want to keep a foothold in the UK expect from HM Revenue & Customs’ more rigorous scrutiny of non-UK residency claims?
We hope you enjoyed reading Bespoke in 2010 and that you’ll rejoin us in 2011 –here on Grant Thornton’s Thinking Blogs or subscribing to new posts via RSS. Until then we wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year.
* Return to the Bespoke blog homepage for the latest stories on wealth protection and HNW lifestyle stories.