Get a fuller picture of Budget 2012 – or just cut to the relevant news affecting you – with our quick links.
Here is the collective wisdom gathered by the Grant Thornton Budget team on the day of Budget 2012. Read on for links to all the Budget news; analysis from our experts; a downloadable tax facts guide; and video overviews.
1. Budget 2012 summary
The key highlights and figures at a glance are here, including the new reliefs announced for the creative sector, simplification for small businesses and more.
2. Tax facts
Download our guide to annual tax rates and allowances for 2012/2013 (PDF).
3. Grant Thornton analysis
On our Budget 2012 homepage, you’ll find short video responses from the heads of Corporate and International Tax, Property Taxes and Private Client Tax. There are also detailed Budget updates on the following areas:
- Personal tax
- VAT and indirect taxes
- Employment taxes
- Large corporates
- Stamp duty and stamp duty land tax
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Powers and anti avoidance
- Financial services
4. Budget follow-up
Our experts also unpack and discuss hot topics and financial and business issues throughout the year on our blog channels – you can subscribe to our news feeds via the homepage links below:
- Elevate – for business leaders
- Bespoke – for private clients
- International & Emerging Markets
- The Boardroom
- FD Intelligence
Our first Budget 2012 post for high earners and HNWIs is already up: How will Budget 2012 affect your wealth?
5. Press room
Here is the list of Budget 2012 media releases featuring overviews and sector-specific comment:
- Francesca Lagerberg, Head of Tax, gives an overview of Budget 2012
- Craig Kemsley, Head of London Private Client, on the scrapping of the 50p tax rate and UK competitiveness
- Liz Brion, Head of Media Tax, on creative sector announcements
- Martin Lambert, Head of Corporate and International Tax, on corporation tax and R&D tax credits
- Stephen Gifford, Chief Economist, on the macro-economic picture
- Neil Rutledge, Government and Infrastructure Advisory Partner, on infrastructure announcements
- Lorraine Parkin, Head of Indirect Tax, on the consultation to rectify VAT anomalies on food and beverage
- Paul Dossett, Local Government Assurance Partner, on the Budget’s aim to attract private enterprise and jobs into cities
- Clare Hartnell, Global Head of Property & Construction, on the SDLT loophole and the tax avoidance clampdown
- Barry Knight, Head of Retail for Grant Thornton UK LLP, on Sunday Trading Act 1994 being suspended for eight weeks during the Olympics
6. Grant Thornton: what our experts said…
Below is a Storify (curated social media commentary) of all the live comment from Grant Thornton’s Budget team. Catch up on the live reaction during and after George Osborne’s Budget speech here.
7. Political and business reaction
A Storify (curated social media commentary) of live Budget reaction and links from business commentators and industry associations. Scroll down to see the social media conversation as it happened.
Image of Budget speech in words: © Wordle.net