Tuesday, July 06, 2010 | Posted by: Fiona Cullinan
Categories: Environment | Tags: India, business, links, China, property, emerging markets, magazine, non-executive director, social media, yachts, fund management, Elevate, rethink
Hot off the press and with a theme of The Big Rethink is Elevate Issue 3. We’ll be picking out some of the features here on the Elevate blog, but why wait – you can download a virtual copy of the new issue and get inspired now. Here’s a preview of what’s inside…
Elevate comes out only twice a year, but it’s packed with the latest thinking on investment, social media, property markets and exports, as well as personal insights from other business leaders.
This issue features:
* Thoughts on new ways for business to compete, from Robin Bew, chief economist of the Economist Intelligence Unit, Sir George Cox, former chairman of the Design Council, a professor in climate change, and others.
* Gurus2Go Julie Meyer of Ariadne Capital and Sahar Hashemi, who co-founded Coffee Republic – both of whom appear in our My Big Decision series.
* ‘A dangerous complacency’ – why are the majority of UK businesses ill-equipped to deal with market change post-recession?
* ‘Little Britain?’ – UK companies need risk management to help overcome their fears of tapping the surging emerging markets of India and China.
* Internet guru Chris Brogan on four ways to leverage social media for business.
* Lead feature: Dan Heath on how to effect change in tough circumstances and adapting to the modern economy.
* ‘The great step forward’ – some key reminders for those interested in mergers and acquisitions in China.
* Three CEO interviews: Sarah Fuller of Full Support Healthcare, John McLean of The China Food Company and Nigel Snook of EDI PLC.
* ‘The best job in the world’ – how to find and land the best non-executive director roles.
* Q&A with Nick Robertson, chief executive of ASOS.
* ‘Rule the waves’ – the head of Europe’s largest yacht brokers on how to invest in a yacht, plus a buyer’s guide and top boat shows around the world.
* Why not listening to your customers and giving them what they didn’t know they wanted can be a good thing.
* Property bubbles abroad – and strategies for investors in depressed markets.
* A day in the life of… Jonathan Hick, the serial entrepreneur who recently featured in The Secret Millionaire.
* Active or passive fund management? Three experts talk strategy.
* Olympic triple jump champion Jonathan Edwards on his passion for golf.
How to get a copy
To view a PDF version of the current magazine, just register and download here. Or to subscribe to receive future editions, either electronically or as a hard copy, please email your name, address and preferred format to firstname.lastname@example.org
We also invite you to look around the Elevate – for business leaders blog and sign up for the RSS feed. Here’s where we talk business between issues!